AFI Top 100 – #90: Swing Time EXPLICIT
We review film #90: “Swing Time“…the 1936 film where having a lucky quarter and being able to dance, means you immediately can swoon the random stranger in the street and make you change your marriage plans.
Look at all the pretty dresses and the dancing! People in the 1930's were jerks and tried to ruin Fred Astaire's life, but it's okay because he has a lucky quarter and he learns to dance. There was also a word people use to use...and it was swivelpuss.
Lindsay says "null"
Jeff says "null"
- The performers who worked at theaters on stage were dicks
- Dance studio owners were incredibly eccentric…and dicks
- Apparently all it took to win over a girl in the 30's was a quick dance, and singing a song
- All it takes to exchange the contract to an orchestra is a high card draw from a deck of cars
- It was a requirement for every straight, good looking guy to have a bumbling idiot of a friend that would accidentally give away the hidden plot point at the wrong moment
- Weddings will be immediately called off due to the lack of pants…oh and the groom will be okay with this and laugh about it
Start watching at 1:36