AFI Top 100 – #88: Bringing Up Baby CLEAN
We review film #88: “Bringing Up Baby“…the 1938 film where Cary Grant isn’t Jimmy Stewart, and everyone is crazy and the comic relief. Oh and there’s a leopard thrown in there for funsies.
You're not Jimmy Stewart, and people fall down a lot and easily confused.
Lindsay says "Liked it."
Jeff says "Liked it."
- Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart are the same person.
- People left their car keys in the ignition so just any crazy lady could hop in and take your car.
- The older Cary Grant got, the calmer and slower he became.
- People's clothing in the 1930's easily came apart.
- Apparently it was common practice to ship rare, dinosaur fossils via regular postal service.
- Telephone cords were easily 40 or 50 feet long back in the day.
- Irish groundkeepers in the 1930's would stash booze EVERYWHERE around the house.
- No one bothers to actually speak up and explain.
- Leopards apparently sound like a guy doing a terrible cat or Chewbacca impersonation when they cry.
- Everyone in 1930's Connecticut was an idiot.