AFI Top 100 – #51: West Side Story EXPLICIT
We review film #51: “West Side Story”…the 1961 film about a young girl who falls in love with a young boy from an apposing clan, and even though they’ve only known each other for a few short days is willing to forgive the accidental murder of her relative. It isn’t until the friend tells the opposing clan that the young girl is dead, when she’s not that…wait…this isn’t ROMEO AND JULIET? Huh.
Jeff, it's not romantic if she calls an ambulance.
Lindsay says "Hated it."
Jeff says "It was ok."
- I feel bad for all the wasted produce that gave it’s life for this film.
- If the Jets and Sharks actually fought instead of dancing, I'm sure they'd get a lot more accomplished.
- Chino is not Bruno Mars.
- John Astin! Best part of the movie, even if he doesn’t have the mustache.
- The people who live in the top floor apartment must have been pissed about all the dancing happening on their roof.
- Maria hushed Tony to be quiet because her parents would hear, and then immediately turns around and starts singing 5 feet from her window!
- You can’t rhyme “own kind” with “own kind”…that’s…that’s not a rhyme.
“OFFICER KRUPKE” SCENE
GAP “West Side Story” COMMERCIAL