AFI Top 100 – #47: A Streetcar Named Desire EXPLICIT
We review film #47: “A Streetcar Named Desire”…the 1951 film about a lady going slowly insane while living with her sister and brother-in-law. Insane is still politically correct, right?
Blanche is as bad if not more crazy than Martha in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?"!
Lindsay says "I Liked it."
Jeff says "I Liked it."
- Marlon Brando had the look of Brad Pitt and the voice of a young Christopher Walken.
- This is such a happy story.
- Anyone else grossed out about repeatedly kissing someone while they’re chewing their food?
- Blanche doesn’t want Stanley to watch her dress but is completely okay with the giant window being open in her room.
- Stanley has a friend who is a lawyer, a diamond expert, a clothing expert…
- I can’t tell if Stanley’s comment of the mechanic not “knowing his axel grease from third base” is a sexual metaphor or not.
- My there’s a lot of ripping of shirts in this movie.
- Mitch doesn’t like fans.